Back from the Dead!
4/21/2005
OK, I looked at my blog and realized that the last entry was in July. I feel like the kid who claims the dog ate his homework ... but things happened so fast that by the time I planned to sit down and tell you about it, there was so much to tell that I didn't know where to begin. However, to go along with the general redesign/reconstruction/update of the website, I'm bringing back the blog as a regular feature. To that end, Cinderella and I are turning our office into the Urrea News Service. From now on, we'll post new information on Sundays -- at least. It'll be like our own little reality show.
Tomorrow morning (Apri 22), we head out to Los Angeles. I'll be speaking at the LA Times Festival of the Book on Sunday. And between now and Sunday, I will be eating and hanging out with my beloved agents as we get ready for .. If I see anybody really famous, I'll have Cindy sneak a picture with our cellphone and put it up for everyone to see when we get back! I guess you heard that The Devil's Highway was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in NonFiction. It has been amazing to me how much attention not actually winning the award has gotten. It sounds like a lie, but in this case just being nominated is honor enough. For those Teresita fans who have been waiting for The Hummingbird's Daughter, the arrival is nigh. I heard today from Little Brown that the first hardcovers will be arriving "momentarily." If you click on The Hummingbird's Daughter on the main page, you can see some advance reviews. Soon, we'll have the first chapter up so you can get a taste of it.
Last week, I was lucky enough to go down to Cicero IL in the clouds of effluent from the refineries. There, I was happy among 200 or so beautiful Mexican and Mexican-American students. We had a hilarious time and I was honored to make available several boxes of The Devil's Highway for them. That's my kind of an event! If I had my way, I wouldn't do the big booktours -- I would sit and laugh with hard working students.
Speaking of book tours, the big mamma kicks off in mid-June. Since the Teresita book is officially released May 17, it should give people a chance to actually read the book before I hit town. I hope I see you. And if I do, let me know what you think.


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]