She's coming back!
5/22/2005
I just signed 200 copies of The Hummingbird's Daughter. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see this book finally coming out. I have never gone through more torment, worry and pain over anything in my life. But I have to say it has probably brought me more joy than anything else.

The first reviews have been pretty amazing. I know Michelle is putting them up for you to read. Tomorrow, Monday May 23, I have an op-ed piece in the LA Times about some of my experiences in writing the book. You can look it up on their website.

One day when we were going through an obscure archive, Cindy and I found an autographed picture of Teresita. We have made a print of this photograph and have been sending it to friends and relatives. However, it occurs to me now that many of you who read the book feel close to her. So we have decided to make these cards available to you if you want one. Simply do the following: go to contact on the main menu and send me an email with your mailing address and we will send you a postcard. I'll even sign it!

Finally, I heard today that Rancho Teresita near Benson Arizona is going up for sale. This is the place where we actually met with "Manuelito" the Chiricahua medicine man you met in the novel. Any takers? I'll pass the word on for you.

Keep reading -- see you on book tour!

Luis


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]