International Man of Mystery
1/11/2006
Remember to check out my pal Lowry's new website if you like good writing and good thinking about writing: lowrypei.com.

Just a few days ago, I was telling you that Little, Brown was shipping the International Edition of Hummingbird to the world. After I wrote that, I thought, Gee--that's pretentious-sounding. Almost immediately, however, I got a kind e-mail from India. This is like magic, this whole thing. Within a week of my seeing my first lil' "int. ed.", it got to New Delhi, went on sale, was bought and read, and I got a letter back. Doesn't that seem incredible? I can't quite get my head around it--how fast the world is now. And how, if you had found me in San Diego in 1982 and told me this would happen, I would have probably laughed in your face. Or fallen over in shock and jerked like a fish. It feels good to know that my words are traveling farther than I ever will.

Just a note to say...what, exactly? I don't know what I'm saying. Perhaps this: thanks.

L


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]