Thursday Meditation, 5/24
5/24/2007
You will not find poetry anywhere unless you bring some of it with you.

--Joseph Joubert

So often I have waited for the world to bring me something to write about. I want inspiration, or incident. I want a moose to come out, or a beautiful woman to smile at me, or a rainstorm to scream through Zion national park so I can see the water cascade down the red rock cliffs. But I don't often remember to make something to take to the world. I must carry the nugget of light inside myself so I can set the page on fire and make a burnt offering of my words to the great fat aching bejeweled and lovely mother. What do those AA guys say? To keep it, you've got to give it away.... Well, to get it, you have to already have it.

And you do.


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]