My Life in Presidential Politics
6/23/2008
Greetings from Santa Barbara, California. I'm in a $725 room at the Fess Parker DoubleTree Resort. I'm not paying for it.

Here for the Santa Barbara Writers' Conference. Believe it or not, John McCain is here, too. There are Secret Service guys everywhere--suddenly, you see janitors in hotel uniforms with wires leading to their ears, guys talking into their jackets. Some guy at the pool got busted, and the agents took his picture with a cell phone. "Say cheese," they told him. He ran away. Big terror drama.

I didn't meet him, of course. Cindy did. Eric and I were walking Chayo down the beach. How bad is my luck: at Disneyworld, Cindy meets Mick Foley, the wrestler. Here, she's doing laundry, and McCain walks by and says, "Hi, how ya doin'?"

Now she and Megan want to get him a copy of Devil's Highway.

We've been on the road for a week, and you would not believe all the stuff we've seen. I've kept almost 100 pages of notes. Can U believe that? Wastelander stuff. Will post soon.

Cocktail party tonight. My gig is tomorrow. Maybe McCain will come to it! Then to San Diego.

L


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]