AUDIO
10/10/2008
I have often mentioned here my friendship with singe-songwriter Shawn Phillips (Contribution, Second Contribution, Collaboartion, Faces, Bright White, Furthermore, No Category, etc.).

If you've been reading the blog long, you know that Shawn Composed the musical soundtrack to my audiobook of The Hummingbird's Daughter. (Yeah, you can get it! If you can stand 20 hours of me yammering in your ear! Try audible.com and iTunes.) You probably also know the satory of how Shawn was my boyhood rock and roll hero and pulled me out of obscue poverty and became my pal and showed me the way. Or how Shawn proposed marriage to his Juliet in my driveway. Aint life funny.

Well, SP has been touring the US and the world--many of you saw him. He has composed a song based on my The Devil's Highway. It's a killer. It's called, well, "The Devil's Highway." If you saw him on tour, you heard it, and you heard SP talking about our history. Now, if you'd like, you can hear it again, or for the first time.

www.shawnphillips.com/NewMp3/DevilsHighway.mp3

Thanks to the boss at shawnphillips.com, SUZ!


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]