When Your Heart is Weak
2/24/2010
We are still frozen, but Spring is near. I am stirring to life. Hummingbird's Daughter sequel is opening like one of the forsythia buds out there under the ice. The first galley of Mr. Mendoza's paintbrush, my killer graphic novel with Cristopher Cardinale came this week. I have three big anthology appearances happening. Verily, my heart feels weak and old and tired, but there is a stirring of life in spite of my blues. How are things in your house? You all right? Here's a thought for us both:

"Sorrow, accumulating in one's heart, may one fine day burst into flames like a haystack, and everything will burn away in the fire of extraordinary joy."
--Mikhail Prishvin

Still, in this white/gray whispering beauty, we wait....


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]