My First Book
3/11/2010

On Facebook, an old friend from high school posted this scan of I See the Wind, the Blind Man Cried, my first "book."Like all young writers (and cartoonists) I wanted to be published. I didn't know how to be published. All I knew was I had piles of cool stuff I wanted to see in print. My friend Frank and I got the miscreants in the industrial off-set printing class to steal plates for us and Frank shot the plates for me. Then, using "borrowed" Clairemont High School paper, the dope fiends printed my book section by section after school. In a further commando raid, we requisitioned their industrial stapler and put it all together. The cover art reflects that phase when I was trying to learn how to draw with pencils and fancied myself Salvador Dali, Jr.

Thought you'd enjoy this.


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]