NHCC Literary Award
3/31/2010
Just found out this week that I will be honored with the National Hispanic Cultural Center's bi-annual Literary Award at the National Latino Writers Conference in May. To be on a list that includes Rudy Anaya, Pat Mora, Denise Chavez and Martin Espada is humbling.

For me, what mattered even more than the recognition of my work is that the award honors a writer who has "impacted the productivity and success of other writers." I would have accomplished nothing without Rudy Anaya and the other writers who helped me -- and continue to do so. Giving back by reaching out to other writers is the only way I can repay their efforts for me.

Thank you, NHCC. I am honored. I look forward to seeing you in May.

To read more about it, see here.


Post a Comment




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]